So, uh, last week kinda sucked. On Sunday I had my recital (which was awesome; no suckage); Monday I took the Boy in for tubes surgery (went well; he is chipper and infection-free but still speaks no English); Wednesday we found out Chloe was dying (sucked); Friday we put her down (SUCKED).
And now today's my birthday! Yeah . . . I won't tell you how old I am, but if I make it through this year I will be Older Than Jesus.
Regular posting will resume soon, but for now, Els of Librarian Mom has tagged me with the Meme of Five. Here it is:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read the player's blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer.
What were you doing five years ago?
Working at my current job (same place, lesser title) and convinced that I would never get pregnant. Probably painting some room of the house. Seldom covered in miscellaneous food droppings/smearings.
What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?
1. FIND BABYSITTER FOR TOMORROW NIGHT'S SOX GAME gaaaah.
2. Finish two freelance jobs.
3. Create database for high school reunion registrations.
4. Write agenda for college choir foundation annual meeting (my last one as president!)
5. Write haikus for two upcoming posts.
What are five snacks you enjoy?
1. The discontinued, then happily revived, then sadly discontinued White Cheddar Pringles.
2. Girl Scouts Caramel DeLites.
3. My own chocolate chip cookies.
4. Stacy's Parmesan Garlic and Herb pita chips.
5. Caffeine-free Pepsi.
What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
1. Give tons of money to my church, Habitat for Humanity, my choir foundation, the Harvard Crimson, the college fund, public radio and television, microfinance groups like Kiva, and so forth.
2. Redo my kitchen and upstairs bathroom. Vile mold, be gone!
3. Buy my husband a BMW.
4. Go shopping and buy things that aren't even on sale.
5. Hire a housekeeper, because I am a dirty, dirty person. (Although I suppose if I am a billionaire the housekeeper goes without saying.)
What are five of your bad habits?
1. Procrastination (known as "noodling" when it involves the computer).
3. Parking too close to my husband's truck in our driveway.
What are five places where you have lived?
1. Rock Island, IL
2. Cambridge, MA
3. Syracuse, NY
4. Jersey City, NJ
5. Bedford, MA
What are five jobs you've had?
1. Box office rep ("boxie")
2. Substitute teacher
3. Newspaper intern, features
4. Literary agency assistant
I now tag five people who have commented here in the past, or whose blogs I've commented on in the past.
Sarah Miller at Reading, Writing, Musing . . .
Camille at BookMoot (she may still be on hiatus)
Anastasia at Picture Book of the Day
Fiona at Books 'n' Rocks